Friday, April 21, 2006

Prayers needed

Another normal sa day. Been down in the dumps lately and feeling all on the edge and like there's no tomorrow (or that I wouldn't like there to be one). But I got the best news I've gotten in monthsssssss last night in my inboxxx... turns out I have a phone interview for this training program I applied for in my companyyyyy where if I get selected, they send me off to Amsterdam for a year on (get this) on-the-job paidddd traininggg and then also hire me when I come back on a permanent basis - atleast until I screw up and they're forced to fire me! WooHOoOoOooo (((: Not really getting my hopes too high about it, but I'd have to be pretty stupid to NOT get selected considering that I'm one of well.... just about the only (minus 1 person) person in the some-500 that may have applied for this program throughout the country, that actually works for the same company and has a huge edge over all the other much-smarter, but way-unluckier people! Note: I say I'm lucky (and not just plain awesome) cause I've studied from a not-so-great-or-recognized university and the only people applying for this thing so far are people from top unis like LUMS, Fast, NUST, GIKI... you get my drift? So it had to be poor luck that got stuck bailing me out of no-future-land by giving me this chance.

Blog, bloggers, bloggees... be prepared. I will know by the end of May. And as my boss said.... 'If you make it to the interview, that's your own personal achievement, it shows that your hard work over the years and your intelligence got you that far.... but if you don't make it PAST the interview, that would be entirely your own fault (insert hidden message: cause you'd be a dumbass if you still didn't know enough about this company to be able to impress its employees with your knowledge, you idiot).' Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, but whatever happens, come hail, sleet or snow (did I get that right?) you shall be the first to know! After hysterical me ofcourse (be it hysterical with khushi or with tears... only time - and common sense - will tell)

But yeah, I know one thing for sure.

If I don't get selected... I'm not telling him :P

*Hums Alanis Morissette's 'Hand in my Pocket' and dances away into cyberspace*

8 comments:

Aftab Iqbal said...

Best of Luck.... I hear Amsterdam is a nice place....below sealevel too..hehe!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Eeeeeeeeeee... Wish you all the best!! Amsterdam is am amazing place!! My prayers are with you..I'm sure you'll get it!! :)

Viks said...

Good Luck, Amsterdam rocks - my mom loves that place.

Reej Q said...

@ aftab:
I hear it's a great place too, but I also hear it's really really expensive. Good luck to me getting selected, and good-er luck to me living through that year healthy and clothe-full :P

@ nasreen:
reeeniiiiiiie, pray for meeee.... tell everyone to pray for me, i MUSTTTT MUSSSST MUSSST get selected, i need to get out of this place fast! ):

@ viks:
thanks for the luck, thanks for dropping by and all the comments... every comment was much appreciated (:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck and please please dont get carried away before the interview ...
What an opportunity in a city full of flowers of every color that even Microsoft has not come up with yet, the innumerable man-made canals with water of turquoise/green shades (unlike the brown one in Lahore), with the cutest of small pedestrian bridges and where the breathtaking architecture is literally at every footstep, that is if you prefer to walk unlike the cycling-mad locals ...
go ahead... ace the interview and enjoy your stay in am'dam but dont forget to get trained a little for your company as well ... :)

Anonymous said...

Good Luck and please please dont get carried away before the interview ...
What an opportunity in a city full of flowers of every color that even Microsoft has not come up with yet, the innumerable man-made canals with water of turquoise/green shades (unlike the brown one in Lahore), with the cutest of small pedestrian bridges and where the breathtaking architecture is literally at every footstep, that is if you prefer to walk unlike the cycling-mad locals ...
go ahead... ace the interview and enjoy your stay in am'dam but dont forget to get trained a little for your company as well ... :)

Reej Q said...

@ A.I.C:
I'm so curious to know who u are... hmmmmm... but yeah, I'm more psyched about the training... ;) the others are just motivational factors. Very major ones that is haha

Anonymous said...

curious? ... I m sure we havent met and probably dont know each other... but ...its a small world!

bout training, ...u r right, ... it has to be a distant second among the motivation factors