Friday, April 21, 2006

Arooj Aftab - Mera Pyar



Powered by Castpost

Although I'm the biggest fan of the original, I have to admit - this one really rocked. It's a funkier, more upbeat, less melodramatic version of its original. I may very well be the last person in Pakiland (and elsewhere) to have heard this, but I felt I should share it with those of you who have the time (and appropriate connectivity) to trust my taste in music . The lyrics are the original's....

Amir Zaki - Mera Pyar

Mera... tumhara
Wo ghar... Humara


Toota hai bikhra hai
Jaisay sitaara

Meri awaz sun lay na
Meri geethon mein tum
Wo alfaaz chun lay na
Jo ho jathay hain gum

Mera pyar tumhi ho
Tumhi tho ho... jaana

Meray saath tumhi ho
Tumhi tho ho
Bhula na
Mera pyar tumhi ho

Waaday... Iraaday
Kaisay.... Bhula dain

Toota hai jo dil
Wo ro-ay rula day

Meri awaz sun lay na
Meray geethon mein tum
Wo alfaaz chun lay na
Jo ho jathay hain gum

Mera pyar tumhi ho

Tumhi tho ho... jaana
Meray saath tumhi ho
Tumhi tho ho
Bhula na

10 comments:

Viks said...

Yeah, meritorious effort by Arooj Aftab, but I do like the original better.

Zaki is in a different world altogether.

*~ Zill • e • Illahi ~* said...

this template is rather uncomfortable for eyes..pata nahi did ya notice that ya nahi...

Reej Q said...

I know... I would've preferred turquoise instead of pink, but this is the best I could find and I'm loving it so far :P Hehe... find me a turquoise one and I'll change it

Nida said...

Id say Arooj has done better in other songs , Talking more about originals.

Rooj said...

yaar, i lyk the song. screw the singer. it has the most amazing lyrics and hands down the most nostalgic feeling attached to it :)

Reej Q said...

@ Nida:
Yeah?? I haven't heard so many of hers... enlighten me!

@ Rooj:
I feel you woman..

Reej Q said...

@ Hashriani:
Hmmmm... agreed it doesn't quite do justice to zaki's... magar it's a good hear any day. Atleast for me. Not the kind of music I listen to on a daily basis, but it was nice for a change (: I haven't heard others... I could be wrong, but I like the huskiness in her voice... it's different from the typical nasal voices our females usually have. Any recommendations?

Anonymous said...

yeah, nasal voices or just pretty performers such as annie (that "mahiya" song wali)...
come on people, the tune might be catcy but u dont need to confess that you only see her videos bcoz of her looks ... its obvious!
sorry for being too blunt but cant help it!
Anyway..The point: there are hardly any capable female singers in Pak right now: Teena Sani, Nayyar Noor and the former Hadiqa... in that order for me!

Anonymous said...

"Arooj Aftab is highly very over-rated. There are others much better than her, but oh well, she's supposedly a "pioneer".."

Who? More than raw talent it's the instinct to reach forward and make something happen which is important. And Arooj has done just that. Who are these other people you speak about in Pakistan and what have they accomplished?

Anonymous said...

@KV:
I concur... arooj seemingly has the promise and she should deliver on it...

but the problem does not lie in someone being talented or not...its actually our fallacious assumptions & perceptions... we overrate newcomers and encumber these pseudo talented musicians with overt comparisons & bechmarks e.g. fuzon being hyped as the next big thing after junoon,...

(waisay, in my humble opinion, commercially speaking, the only big thing after junoon has been akram rahi!)