Thursday, June 09, 2005

21 and shrinking

There has come a point in my 21 years where I've reached the conclusion that life has nothing left to offer me of great significance. They say that experience enriches your life... but I've reached a point where I've pretty much experienced, re-experienced and re-re-experienced just about everything that ever could have held meaningful importance in my life to begin with. So where do I go from here? There is no forward... there is no sideways.... no two experiences can run parallely to one another in terms of thrill, excitement, glamor, ecstacy, even misery. It's true isn't it... that even misery holds its own shiny new thrill. Somehow poetry just can't summarize that thrill anymore. Poetry that makes sense only to myself and not to anyone else... poetry that no one can relate to, simply due to the complexity of my own thoughts is just... meaningless. Meaningless to the world... and so the purpose is more or less feigned of even publicizing it to the world by posting it in my little meaningless blog. So I choose to write... to write down every thought that enters my labyrinth of a brain. Because as little as it may be... who knows? Maybe my words can touch someone's heart... and who knows, they may even reach the very people in my life that are the cause for these words, and this depth... when it visits me.

No comments: